Ryan P.A. Johnson

Ryan P.A. Johnson. Why the P.A.? Why not just Ryan Johnson? Maybe because he felt that Ryan Johnson was a little too common, so he decided to add a little bit of personalization to his moniker? Then again, this guy's hoping to break into the music industry, so I'm sure that every little bit helps when it comes to trying to make yourself stand out, in the huge crowd of persons who also look to break into the music business.

Again, that's Ryan Paul August Johnson. He auditioned for American Idol in Louisville, Kentucky. And it looks like he's part of a band called, instereo. Not quite sure about the spelling of that band actually. I've seen it spelled instereo, In Stereo, as well as other combinations of splits and capitalization. The band considers itself to be in the Christian, Rock, and Alternative music genres. That sounds promising. It's made up of 4 persons namely, Ryan P.A. Johnson on vocals, Terry Thurston on drums, Danny Williams on bass, and Josh Cupp on guitars.

They appear to have an album called, instereo super hero, and I've come across 4 tracks from that album namely, Take the Pain Away, Who I AM, Shine, and Sonshine. I'm guessing that the I AM in Who I AM is a reference to God telling, was it Moses, that I AM who I AM when asked who was there. Sounds like a burning bush reference to me, but hey, my Bible knowledge's terribly rusty. Quite a lot of concert dates listed on their MySpace profile page, with dates set from December 31, 2008, all the way to September 26, 2009. Makes me wonder though because with Ryan P.A. Johnson taking part in American Idol, doesn't seem like he'd be able to fulfill those concert dates. Perhaps he's playing it safe, in case of an early exit, but I hope that isn't the case.

More on the band, they say that they offer music with a message, and that this message brings hope and truth. They also say that their music is passion driven, with a heart for God, and that it blends rock and worship together to reach today's generation. I wonder though if Ryan'll have any issues transitioning from performing with a band to performing out all on his own (well, he'll have a band backing him up, of course, but the members'll be relatively unfamiliar to him). Then again, we've seen former band members to pretty well on American Idol in the past seasons, so it's not as if it isn't possible. I also wonder if he'll have any issues transitioning from music with a religious flavor to something more secular. Can't quite remember any other American Idol contestant with a bit of a Christian music background so I look forward to seeing this guy perform.

So that's Ryan P.A. Johnson. Not just Ryan Johnson mind you. Don't forget the P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment